Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Secret Garden

There's a book I love called The Secret Garden. It's about this little girl who makes the transformation from bitter to finding the sweet in life. The garden in the book is something that was locked away. It stirred up too many feelings, stories, memories...but the beautiful part is that it was able to start new! The garden that seemed wasted away became beautiful once again.
The little girl and the garden sort of transformed and grew together.

Yesterday I cut my hair. Which never happens. That was weird. I kind of hated it at first but I guess I like it now.

Today was a GORGEOUS DAY. I wanted to run forever and ever! Felt like spring.

I don't think a hair cut, or one good day really defines a life. But I definitely think that it can change an attitude. My hair makes me feel like I don't have to be the same person I was yesterday. That's always true, but I guess it just reminded me. One good run can't get you back in shape...but it can lead to falling in love with it enough to find motivation to begin again. Remind you why you loved it in the first place.

I think I can be like the little girl or the garden. I just need to stop being afraid of restarting. One thing my hair cut made me realize is that what seemed like such a big decision before it happened really wasn't a huge deal. I was fine afterward! So there's no need to be afraid of beginning again, of doing something different...I'll be okay

I wanted to post a pic of my new bangs...who am I kidding I mostly wanted a picture of my 7 year old Rascal Flatts concert t-shirt and my 13 year old dream catcher

Today I ate dinner with my friend Sierra Naumu and that made me SO HAPPY! I'm so glad to have her here in Provo!

In other news....

SONG OF THE DAY



I've loved Rascal Flatts for so long. This is one of my favorite songs. It really hit me in a different way when I listened to it a couple days ago.

The video is a little cheesy but hey it was at the beginning of their career! And I don't care I'll always love Gary, Joe Don, and Jay #RFfan4lyfe

I've realized that I've kind of hung on to an old life that isn't mine anymore. I love the line "I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong." Because it's true. I didn't dream that, but home is better as just a memory right now

I'm movin' on
At last I can see
Life has been patiently waiting for me
& I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone
There comes a time in everyone's life
When all you can see are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind
That those days are gone


So here I am... I've made up my mind

loves
lake

No comments:

Post a Comment