Monday, January 21, 2013

Martin Luther King Jr. Day

This has always been one of my favorite holidays. Since elementary school, MLK has been a big focus around this time of year. At our schools we learned a lot about him, and as far as I was concerned at a young age, MLK was the civil rights movement. I just love him and I wish he was alive so I could meet him someday, or hear him speak about those days.

Tonight at BYU, me and my friend Jared went to the bell tower candle ceremony and walk with candles in remembrance of MLK. It was inspirational. Then we heard a speaker and some choirs and it was just a great night.

my candle "Just need one"

me and Jared's candles. lol his cup caught on fire so he had to go solo with his candle!

a bunch of candles

so awesome!


 Although I'm not African American, I'm still grateful that I don't have to watch my fellow people go through what they did prior to the civil rights movement. It would eat me alive to watch innocent people go through what they did... although today has its own struggles, we are fortunate we no longer live in a society and day of that age. I seriously honor Martin Luther King Jr's name.



P.S.....
SO YUMMY I even have a meal plan and this is my favorite meal hahaha


 And an LOL for the day:

sounds like the words of an RM

No comments:

Post a Comment