Monday, December 24, 2012

THE CLIMB

LOVE FOR THE DAY


Miley Cyrus is one of my favorite people, I don't care what other people say. This is my life theme song since the day I first heard it. It never gets old, because it is such an inspiration to keep going, no matter where I am in my life. Life is always a climb. A little grain of sand, a hill, a big bridge to build, a huge mountain, it could be anything. But we just have to take it knowing that the view is great from the top.

Christmas Eve Squared (December 23rd)

Christmas has been difficult for me for a few years. I have a hard time wanting to get into the spirit at times. But one thing that has brought me closer to Christ at this time of year no matter what is music.
Today I went to my YSA ward at home and the music was so beautiful. People sang, played the violin, and the piano. Music is a universal language that everyone can understand through its subtle power. It speaks to the soul. Sometimes when I share a love for a song with someone, or an experience from a song with them, it makes me feel closer to that person, and I will listen to the song when I miss them. That is how Christmas music is. I can feel Christ through it.

I have also been spending time with family, friends, and loved ones to feel the Christmas spirit here in Pocatello. I have a good friend named Lacey Taylor. We have spent a lot of time together lately. Sometimes it is easy to forget how good of friends you once were with someone until you are together again- then you want to see each other all the time! We love to sing. Lacey is a beautiful singer! She also plays the guitar and is very talented. She even writes some of her own music. Besides that we love to eat food, and talk about our miserable love lives. Other than the love part, our lives are pretty great!!

We visited SANTA



So much fun! (Excuse that I look homeless) We really hope Santa grants our wishes. P.S. we LOVE KIWI LOCO



THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: 
Don't think about what might have been. Don't think that life could be different and better if one thing was changed. The past cannot be undone- so what is the point in wishing for it? Appreciate what you have now, both the good and the bad! Life is beautiful, we just need to see it with the right perspective.
It can be difficult to find peace and to find this perspective. But this helps me:


 And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to haveapatience, and that ye bear with all manner of bafflictions; that ye do not crevile against those who do cast you out because of yourdexceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;
But that ye have apatience, and bear with those bafflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions.
Alma 34: 40-41

No comments:

Post a Comment