Monday, May 6, 2013

Change

WOW.
I moved home!
And I haven't blogged in what feels like forever.
So many things here are the same. Like the stupid pot holes that will never get fixed, the indecisive weather, Sonic Drive-In, and the track. But a lot of things are different, too, and it's hard for me.

I don't really handle change well, so this has been a difficult adjustment. Every 5 seconds I feel like I need to call Kensington and tell her something completely irrelevant to her life, like how I made brownies yesterday that expired in 2009, and I tanned in the backyard yesterday, and her boyfriend's favorite song was on the radio haha. I want Amber to do my freaking makeup (she's a beauty queen pretty much). And I want Brittani to tell me something to snap my head back on straight (she's very reasonable haha).

And here, I used to love going to my ward to see all my friends, but now that those friends are not my friends anymore, it was really hard yesterday.

Oh- I've also become the official laziest person ever. I now understand why everyone loves Netflix! Even though my social life sucks, at least I can live vicariously through the people of Tree Hill. I think I have watched more TV/movies in the past week than in the past year total. So, I get up at like noon, go running at some point, take a shower, and then I watch TV. Haha it's so weird for me, but I guess it's also kind of nice.

A couple weeks ago, I didn't want to come home at all since it meant facing the loose ends of relationships with various people that were never tied up...and some of those people don't even care. Well, all I know is that life goes on, and that at some point, I'll feel okay.

Something strange to me is that although I feel out of place right now, I can't really think of anywhere else that would make me feel in place.

And also, how can you feel like you finally made a little progress in resolving something, and then realize that it's just worse? I've learned that sometimes you just have to pretend it's okay and deal with it later.

I never thought my only friends would be my dad and his girlfriend Marcie, Marcie's son's girlfriend Tasia (we watch One Tree Hill together), and Marcie's cat Monkey that sleeps with me every night and comes on car rides.

Oh the dramas of being an 18 year old girl

Well whatever you only get to be at this place in your life once, right? :)

Loves
Lake  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment